Mediation in the Wild:
New Options, New Practices
Friday, November 30, 2018, 8:30am – 3:45pm
1441 Marak Rd NW, Swisher, IA
6 hours CLE Credit Applied For
- 8:30 – 10:00am – Conflict in the Workplace: Different Professionals Respond to the Same Situation Differently, With Different Results: Includes UI Ombudsperson, an Attorney, an HR Professional, and a Mediator.
- 10:00 – 10:15am – BREAK
- 10:15 – 11:45am – It’s (Not) Just Housing! The Power of the Fair Housing Act and the Affordable Housing Movement in Johnson County
- 11:45 – 12:30pm – LUNCH
- 12:30 – 1:30pm – Restorative Justice: Principles, History, Benefits, and Integrating It Into Your Practice
- 1:30 – 2:30pm – Restorative Justice: An Introduction Into How the Process Works
- 2:30 – 2:45pm – BREAK
- 2:45 – 3:45pm – Restorative Justice Panel
To register, go to mediateiowa.org.
Early Bird Registration: Full day is $100 if you register online (at mediateiowa.org) by November 12 or if payment by check is postmarked by Monday, November 12
Half day, morning or afternoon, no lunch: $60.
Student Registration: $50 (includes lunch)
After November 12 Registration: Full day is $135.
Register online (at mediateiowa.org) or send a check. Checks can be made out to Mediation Services of Eastern Iowa and sent to:
509 Kirkwood Ave.
Iowa City, IA 52240