IAM Summer Chautauqua
July 21, 2017
Grinnell College, Grinnell, Iowa
9:00am – 4:00pm (doors open at 8:30am)
- Domestic violence issues in mediation
- Self care for mediators
- Power imbalance in mediation
- Community mediation panel
Cost: members $35, non-members $50
Online registration will open June 5th!
Register by mailing a check (Chautauqua in the memo) to
IAM c/o 2700 Westown Pkwy, #425, West Des Moines, IA 50266
40-Hour Family Law Mediator Training
September 11-15, 2017
IAM Member, Christine Crilley presents a comprehensive training that will form a foundation for your Mediation Practice. Although this training is not intended to be advanced skill training, some advanced skill development may be introduced. This 40-hour mediation training will provide a thorough background in dispute resolution to enable you to develop your own style and area of mediation.
The training will help you to develop a basic plan to set up a practice/business in mediation or to use the knowledge gained to become more effective with other people that you encounter.
Please visit our website at www.CrilleyMediation.com for more information and to download the Registration Form for this training.
Advanced Mediation Training:
Self Determination In Mediation: Does It Really Exist?
September 28, 2017
All of the Ethical Rules and Guidelines under which we practice mediation point to the importance and absolute requirement of Party Self Determination. This training will be held in a workshop setting as we examine:
- Self Determination Ethical Rules and Guidelines in Mediation
- Value of Self Determination in Mediation
- Purposeful Ways Mediators Preserve Self Determination
- Purposeful Ways Mediators undermine Self Determination
- Unconscious Ways Mediators undermine Self Determination
- What Referring Lawyers think of Self Determination in Mediation
- What Participants think of Self Determination in Mediation
- Growing and Changing Trends about Self Determination in Mediation
- Value of Resolution vs. Self Determination
- Navigating the desires for Resolution and Self Determination
We look forward to having you participate with other Mediators in the discussion and exploration of this difficult, changing, but important aspect of Mediation. Please visit our website at www.CrilleyMediation.com for more information and to download the Registration Form for this training. If you have any questions, please call Christine Crilley at (319) 363-5606.